Did you get the hint that I don't like being injured ?
Since my last blog entry, the injury to my right leg has not improved much at all, but now I have least got an idea of what the problem is.
My coach, who is also my physio has diagnosed that what I have is a Tendinopathy or more specifically:Trochanteric Bursitis or Gluteus
Medius Tendinopathy
You can read all about it here >>> Tendinopathy
It really is a pain in my butt. I am not allowed to run AT ALL for 3 weeks but at least I can still ride and swim which I have been doing. They symptoms are that after running for even a short time, I can't stretch out my right leg and I limp for 24-48 hours afterwards.
What does it look like ?
The pain area is within Gluteus Medius.
Anyway, hopefully after this break from running, I can get back into it again and at least I still have over 300 days to go which is a fair while before training starts in earnest for my greatest challenge, IM Melbourne 2013.
**Update** My coach / physio has advised me that got my Dr Google diagnosis incorrect. I do know that Tendinopathy was mentioned and that the pain feels like it is where the diagram above shows it to be.
IT'S OFFICIAL AT LAST !!!
You may or may not know but I was fortunate enough to be given a 'FREE' entry into IM Melbourne 2013, however, it was a couple of days ago that myself and the other people who received a free entry could actually register to compete in the event. So the email was received and I clicked on the link to begin the registration process. Once that was completed it felt real for the first time that I was actually signed up to race in an Ironman Race.
Below is a screen shot of my confirmed entry as viewable on the IM Melbourne web site:
IN THE NAVY
Another important thing happened for me this week too in that I was offered an extension to my Navy Service that will take me through to May 2013. The reason I say important because if this extension wasn't granted, I would have been returning back to my Job at WorkSafe but now I can relax knowing that I won't be losing 25 + hours per week commuting to and from the Melbourne CBD. I will now be able to devote that amount of time to some quality training.
VIDEO BLOGS (VOG's)
It was suggested to me that I should consider doing some Video Blogs or as I will call them 'VOGS'. I have run a test and it works great so standby to watch my VOG's instead of reading them.
Until next time - enjoy your training, and stay safe out on the roads.
But really, who's counting !!!
Gary


No comments:
Post a Comment